There seems to be a growing awareness of Doulas. As I’ve shared my secret of becoming a doula with different people about 60% know what I’m talking about, the other 40%, well they’re just not so informed on the pregnancy world… but I like all of the responses so far of people who know what a doula is. They get a big smile on their face and say ‘Oh ya! My friend had one’ … or … ‘Yes! I’ve heard of them, they’re amazing!’. Not to toot the doula’s horn but I’m so happy that there’s been a positive sharing of doula experiences in my generation so far.
One way I describe a doula when talking to newbie’s is that they’re similar to a doula coach. Helping woman get where they want. Helping woman be who they want to be in the midst of the pregnancy. Helping woman ask for what they need. Helping woman feel comforted and surrounded by people who are for her.
Can’t wait to get to be there in my life.